Fast Snake Removal In Richmond, VA
Do you have snakes in your yard? Virginia has dangerous copperheads! Give us a call for a free quote for snake removal in Richmond, VA, and the surrounding counties.
Exceptional Service, Excellent Results.
We Have Copperheads In Richmond. They Can Kill If They Bite.
Spring is wonderful thanks to beautiful flowers, warmer weather, and singing birds. But, it’s also the season of snakes. Here in Virginia, we have 32 species of snakes, and three of them are venomous. The main one you have to fear here in the Richmond Metro Area, is the copperhead. Snakes have popping up more around the area, especially as we build more and take away their habitats. What makes this even more difficult for homeowners, is that it’s illegal to kill them. This is serious when you and your family work and play in the yard. A snake bite could put you or your loved ones in the hospital and even result in death. If you see any sign of snakes, give Greenshield Poest Control a call. We can remove and relocate the snake safely and legally, assist with prevention, and keep your family safe.
Does Your Yard Show Signs Of Needing Snakes Removed?
When you’re out doing yard work and find snake skin, it’s a tell-tale sign there’s a snake. Here in Virginia, we have dangerous copperheads which could bite and send you to the hospital.
Snakes often burrow in holes where rodents used to live. If you find holes in your yard that are circular, located at the base of trees/ground, or in the foundation, they more than likely contain a snake.
Snakes love to live in dark and cluttered places, making basements their favorite environment within your home. If you smell something musky similar to rotten eggs, there might be a snake.
Snakes Prey On Rodents
Here in the Richmond, VA, metro, area, everyone has rodents around their yard. If you suddenly realize they are non-existent at your home, snakes may be living on your property and preying on them.
Some properties here in Central, VA, are located in the woods. Many of them have dirt driveways or paths. If you recognize snake tracks like these, it’s a very telling sign you have snakes.
Snake Removal Richmond, VA
Removing Snakes So Your Family Is Safe
Many people have ophidiophobia (a fear of snakes). With the growing number of copperheads in Virginia, some people simply don’t want their family or pets to be injured.
GreenShield now offers a Snake Protection Program (SPP). Our SPP has you covered! A PMP will use the only EPA-registered snake repellant on the market around your home to keep snakes out.
Not only do we use a repellant, but we will remove a snake from your home or garage, at no additional cost!
(SPP qualifies as a bundled service with our other pest control options).
Benefits Of Our Unique, Snake Removal And Protection Program (SPP)
- Although snakes can be deadly, they are vital to the environment, and keeping rodent populations in check. Our Snake Protection Program is designed to keep the snakes away from your home without killing them.
- Eco-friendly snake control avoids the use of naphthalene repellents, which are pungent, dangerous, and can make your yard smell for weeks and even months.
- Our professional snake prevention technicians will identify holes, locations in baseboards, long grass, gutters, and other places that might have snakes. Then they will cover them up to keep your home snake free.
- Greenshield technicians are certified and licensed to remove snakes. They will capture the snake and relocate it to a place away from humans where it can still protect the environment.
- Your home is going to be safe from dangerous chemicals. We use natural snake repellents to ensure your kids never get bitten while playing in the yard.
Snake Removal In Richmond, VA
Our Snake Identification, Prevention, And Removal Program Will Keep You And Your Family Safe From Bites
When you first see signs of a snake, give us a call so it can be identified. Snakes are illegal to kill in Virginia in order to protect the environment. But, if you aren’t sure whether the snake is venomous, you need to have it professionally identified. Contact us and we can be sure you’re family is safe and the snake isn’t a dangerous species.
Since it’s illegal to kill a snake in Richmond, VA. You need a professional to remove the snake/s and relocate them safely. If you don’t have a professional remove the snake you run the risk of being bitten, and that can put you in the hospital or kill you. That’s something we are here to keep from happening.
It doesn’t have to be venomous to take snake prevention measures. As full-service pest solution providers, we specialize in the effective removal and prevention of reptiles and snakes. We can implement a plan that seals openings, removes, and deters snakes so your home is a pest free environment.
Have A Snake Removed ASAP In 3 Easy Steps
Identify the Type of Snake
Click the button below to speak with one of our certified technicians. They will assist and talk you through the problem.
Free Inspection of The Situation
Your technician will come out to your home or business and inspect the situation. Once they have seen the issue, you will receive a free quote.
Removal of the Snake
Greenshield Pest Control will remove the snake and relocate it. We can also discuss preventative measures to keep them from coming back.
Contact Us For Your Free Quote
Our environmentally responsible approach and Integrated Pest Management techniques keep your home, your family, and your environment safe and pest-free.
Local Snake Removal FAQ
Should I hire a professional snake removal technician or get rid of them myself?
There are options to repel and remove snakes yourself, but you have to be alert and protected. Plus, in Virginia it is illegal to kill a snake. There are even snakes in VA, specifically the copperhead, that can kill you if it bites.
If you’re unsure about what repellents to use, or the best snake prevention techniques it’s best to go with a professional.
If you would like a free quote to have a snake removed call (804) 798-1725.
What are the laws regarding snakes in Richmond, VA, and the surround areas.
Snakes are considered a non-game species in Virginia. Therefore they are protected animals and can’t be legally killed.
Killing the snake vs. removing it is probably your first thought since we have three venomous snakes in VA, but this can get you killed.
A professional, certified, and licensed snake removal technician is needed to make sure the snake is not killed and relocated in a place it’s not dangerous to humans.
Are there any easy ways to prevent snakes from living in my yard?
There are! Here’s a few you can do before a snake decides to make your home its home.
- Keep your grass cut low.
- Clear all debris from your yard.
- Fill in holes.
- Rake piles of leaves and dump them away from your home.
- Fire pits will repel them as snakes hate smoke.
- Keep pet food inside.
- Install snake proof fencing.
- Trim bushes and trees.
If snakes have already invaded your yard, give us a call to have them removed legally.
What areas do you service in Central, VA?
The Greenshield Pest Control office is located in Ashland, VA. But we service all of Central, VA including Richmond, Chesterfield, Hanover, Henrico, Spotsylvania, and many other counties.
If you have a snake situation give us a call at (804) 798-1725 to see if we service your area.
Which 3 snakes in Virginia are dangerous?
Here in the state of Virginia, we have 3 species of venomous snakes.
- Northern Copperhead: Found all throughout the state of Virginia, they grow to be 24-36 inches long and are recognized by an hourglass skin pattern. This is the snake that poses the most threat to residents in Richmond, VA. They may be sluggish but if frightened by children playing, or suddenly being stepped on, they will bite.
- Timber Rattlesnake: You don’t need to worry about this snake here in Richmond, as they are found in the mountainous regions in Western, VA. Their colors are yellow, brown, or tan, but all of them have a dark-colored zigzag patter.
- Eastern Cottonmouth: The Eastern Cottonmouth is found in the southeastern part of the state, and is known as the water moccasin. These snakes are found near water and are semi-aquatic. They are also not aggressive but will bite if threatened.
Since Greenshield Pest Control services Central, VA, it’s the copperhead we generally see in people’s yards.
What other information do you have on snake removal and prevention?
Feel free to call us if you see signs of snakes in your home or yard. But here are some links for more information.
The Virginia Herpetological Society for identifying local snake species.