Rodent Control Service
We will inspect your home, look for signs of rodents, and create a comprehensive plan to remove them and prevent them from returning.
Local Rodent Control With The Greenshield Difference
Rodents aren’t usually a problem for the average household in Virginia. However, there are circumstances that will make your home an attractive place to live, and they only require a quarter-size hole to get into your home. Clutter, indoor plants, leaking water pipes, and food make them want to invade your living space. Finally, mice and rats happily seek shelter in your home to escape the elements, and in Virginia, we have hurricanes, tornadoes, and other types of inclement weather. Have you seen evidence of rodents? Because once they decide to nest in your home, the rodent population can explode. Rodent dander and urine can trigger asthma, bites can put you in the hospital, and they can contaminate food. Don’t trust your house cat to catch them all, Give Greenshield Home & Pest Solutions a call so we can remove the roedents and create a treatment plan to ensure they don’t come back.
Dangers & Warning Signs Of A Rodent Infestation
If rodents get into your home you’re at risk of exposure to multiple diseases. Rodents can directly transmit Hantavirus and Salmonella, while indirectly transmitting Lyme Disease or Colorado Tick Fever through ticks & fleas.
- Droppings: Rodent droppings are a clear indication they are in your home. These droppings can get stirred up into the air spreading Hantavirus.
- Chewed Wires, Food Packaging, and Furniture: Rodents chew because their teeth don’t stop growing. They will chew through wires and furniture to prevent their teeth from overgrowing, and through packaging to eat your food.
- Scratching Noises: You might hear scratching noises in walls, ceilings, or under the floorboards. Rodents are the most active at night, so you will usually hear these noises when you’re trying to sleep.
- Pet Behavior: Your cats and other pets might suddenly become agitated, stare at walls, or exhibit interest in certain areas.
- Other Signs: Some of the other signs of a rodent infestation include urine odor, nesting materials, grease marks from fur, footprints, and deteriorating structures.
The Dangers Of Not Controlling Rodent Populations Around Your Home
Asthma & Allergies
Get A Free Rodent Inspection And Treatment Quote
Read What Others Have Said About Our Pest Control Services
Common Rodent Types In Central, VA, We Will Help Remove
The roof rat is the smaller of the two species you regularly see in Virginia. You will also hear these rats referred to as ship rats or black rats. They get the name from their tendency to look for shelter in the ceilings and upper parts of buildings. These rats love to damage wiring and wood by gnawing through them to keep their teeth from overgrowth. Roof rats also spread diseases by contaminating food and spreading fleas.
Norway Rats are your street/sewer rat. They are larger than roof rats and are Asian in origin. They arrived in the United Stats on ships in the 1700s. Today, these rats around found throughout the world. These rats are fairly blind, but their other senses are superb. Their hearing, smell, touch, and taste have been perfected to find areas of your home that suit them. They are good at swimming, climbing, and jumping, as well as chewing through your home’s wooden framing.
The house mouse is the most commonly encountered household rodent. These mice are Asian in origin and have been distributed throughout the world, including the USA. Mice are a nuisance and will spread disease by contaminating your food, droppings, and by leaving saliva on food packaging they have chewed on. House Mice breed rapidly and adapt well to changing conditions. A single female can produce more than 35 young per year.
Benefits Of An Integrated Rodent Control Management System
Integrated pest management, or IPM is what we use to solve pest problems while minimizing risks to you, your family, and the environment. We use an IPM to control rodent populations at your home in rural areas, urban settings, and elsewhere.
- Reduce the risk of damaging your home’s environment through ecologically conscious rodent control tactics. This means we ensure chemicals are a last resort.
- We protect species not targeted for control in the yard and surrounding areas. This keeps good bugs that are needed in the environment alive and outside.
- IPM’s reduce the need for pesticides which means your family and pets will have safer air.
- Your home will have a prevention system set up so rodents can’t invade in the future.
- This system will alleviate pesticide concerns by neighbors, tenants, or the public.
- Increases the cost-effectiveness of our rodent control programs which will save you money.
This diagram shows the steps of setting up an integrated rodent control management system or IPM. Greenshield Pest Control uses this to remove current infestations and control future rodent problems.
Greenshield Home & Pest Solutions Makes It Easy To Control Rodents At Your Home
Rodent Control: Frequently Asked Questions
There are do-it-yourself solutions for just a couple of rodents. But, if they go undetected long enough, two mice can reproduce and end up being over 4,000 in only one year. Then it can cost thousands of dollars to control the rodent problem. Here are some reasons you might need a professional.
- The size of your property means a lot. You might not have the crew to search the entire property and locate the problem before the rodents have reproduced.
- The infestations extent is the next reason you might need us. If it has already grown, you might need tons of traps, bait, and cleanup. You could end up fighting a losing battle.
- If it’s hard to reach the infestation within your house’s or business’s walls. You could never fully solve the problem. We have the ability to seal off entry points, fix the damage, remove the feces, and ensure every last rodent is removed from the property.
If you would like a free quote for our rodent control services just call (804) 798-1725.
Rodents can carry a few different diseases including hantavirus, leptospirosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCMV), Tularemia, and Salmonella.
The best way to keep your family safe from these diseases is through preventative rodent control.
In addition to the list at the top of this page, here are some other signs you might have rodents in your home.
- Urine Odor
- Holes in Walls
- Gnawing Marks
- Scampering Noises in the Walls and Ceiling
- Unusual Pet Behavior
The Greenshield Home & Pest Solutions office is located in Ashland, VA. But we service all of Central, VA including Richmond, Chesterfield, Hanover, Henrico, Spotsylvania, and many other counties.
If you have a rodent problem just give us a call at (804) 798-1725 to see if we service your area.